Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Intelligence Profile


All in all, not too surprising; however, if my own personal work-outs are any indicator, I was expecting a much lower score on the bodily/physical sector! (tee hee)

Some ideas for how technology could help a learner like me:

1) Blogging. I have a feeling I'll be resorting to this as an answer for many questions in this class, because I respond to the format so well. In the past, I've had teachers who required their classes to keep journals throughout the semester based on their accomplishments and frustrations along the way. Blogging would be an excellent method for this practice, because students would be able to see each others' accomplishments and frustrations and share with each other along the way via blog comments.

2) Creating a Webbe (see webinar from tonight's class materials). I would have LOVED to do an activity like this when I was in school, because it's a combination of the two intelligences I am most comfortable with -- linguistic and visual. I love to create things, and I love to write about the things I create. Those webbes looked fabulous!

3) Access to a Kindle reader, or other e-book hardware. I am still experiencing some inner conflict over how I feel about the Kindle, which is why I chose it for my 10-minute teach, because I want to come to terms with its existence. I have been reading books for so many years that I am just as much in love with the format as I am with the content. The idea that the tactile experience of turning pages and smelling covers has been reduced to buttons and an LED screen is a little upsetting to me, but I think that once I am exposed to it for a while, I will begin to appreciate its benefits (#1: portability). Hopefully when I become a school library media specialist, my school's media center will have the funds available so that students will be able to read from books as well as Kindles, and I hope to make them comfortable with the transition. Who knows -- by that time, they'll probably be way ahead of me in that department anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment